Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Baby weight & poopy diapers

These hands will do great things. Miss Ariyana Nancy - December 2010

I'm not sure what poopy diapers have to do with this posting, but I sure felt like I changed a lot of them today. My little girl is growing up so fast. One of my favorite outfits for her is no longer fitting her- stretched to the max. My clothes too, my pre-preggo clothes to be specific, are also not fitting me.  This is not acceptable. Now that I've spent the last month and nine days recovering, it is time to get my crap together and start losing some weight. I thought that breastfeeding my little one would help, but until I really start moving more I won't see much progress. Since I've been on maternity leave, I really haven't done much of anything except take care of my little one. Now, in addition of taking care of her and going back to work part-time, I need to start taking care of me. 

For Christmas, my hubby-to-be and I purchased a Lance Armstrong Elliptical machine. It was delivered nearly two weeks ago, and I have to admit, I have yet to use it. Not because I don't want to, but because I really want to make sure that I'm physically set to do vigorous exercise. I don't need to be passing out in the  basement while baby is upstairs napping. The day after Christmas, we also made an impulse purchase of a Kinect system to go with Arfan's XBOX. We got the Kinect Sports, which Angela (Arfan's niece) will love, and Zumba, for me. I loved going to Zumba classes at my gym and they almost always were completely packed. I'm on day two of my Zumba dance game, and O M freaking God, that thing kicked my butt. I'm seriously out of shape, and it's not just my hips that jiggle. I jiggle in areas I prayed I would never jiggle in. Luckily, I have a motivation to lose some weight - Arfan and I are getting married in June. I'm still in the planning stages, and we have yet to make bookings, but there is soooo much to look forward to. And hell, I'm vain as hell for saying it, but I refuse to look the way I do in a beautiful dress on my wedding day. It feels so good to say that. I can't wait to be his bride. =) He's already my family, but it will be so nice to also be his wife. 

As far as the elliptical goes, I'll be jumping on that tomorrow - and then do another Zumba class. I will be sleeping well tonight! Or perhaps not... my sweet Ariyana loves to be up all night! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment