Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another Horrible Phone Call

Less than twenty-four hours of being discharged from the hospital. My mom is now back in the hospital in the intensive care unit. I guess things aren't looking good. I was able to talk to her on the phone, but I can't help but notice the confusion at times when I talk to her. I write this as I wait for her doctor to give me a call and let me know what he thinks is going on. 


--------------------------------::


It looks like things are not good at all. After much time on the phone to Germany, the Red Cross, the airlines, the doctors, the nurses - I'm going to take the next flight home to Oregon. Across the country, with Ariyana on my lap and a prayer that things get better fast. 


The doctor told me that her liver is having a hard time. That she's weak and extra fluid is accumulating. The doctor I spoke with is not optimistic necessarily, but she may surprise us and be just fine. But can't make guarantees because she needs a new liver soon. And with that sort of surgery - she would never agree to it. For a number of reasons. I don't need to go there really - but she doesn't care to take care of herself. 


The Red Cross is sending my brother and Tiffany out from Germany on the first morning flight out. And I'll be on the first morning flight out as well. Because of the time zone differences, we will all be landing at about the same time tomorrow in Portland. So hopefully, we will be able to carpool down to Eugene. I can't help but to be worried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment