Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Losing It & getting in shape

So for the past couple of weeks or so, I've been counting calories using an application on my iPhone called Lose It. I pretty much love it. I've already dropped 4 pounds and have kept it off, with the goal of losing ten more pounds and getting in very good shape. By keeping myself accountable to what I eat and how much I eat, I really think losing the rest of this baby weight is going to fall right off.

Oh, and I'll be starting P90X soon. With our sweet Ariyana here, I don't really have the time to get to the gym so I'm opting for a home program. P90X is pretty intense, but if I can get through basic training I'm sure I can get through this program. When the weather gets a bit more less frigid outside, I want to also try to take up running. I've always hated running and had to all the time when I was still military. My best time when I was active duty was 2 miles in 16:25. Which I suppose isn't terrible, but in no way was I the best. Now, after having not run in months and after having Ariyana I'd prolly be able to run half a mile before nearly dying. It's going to be quite the challenge for me to get back into the shape I want to be in. Not to mention be able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes, of which I can't fit into any of my jeans at this point.

Our elliptical machine that we got for Christmas, patiently waits for use. We are having operational difficulties; the guys that came to set it up royally messed it up and instead of getting a new part, they tried to fix it by oiling up the band, which ultimately destroyed it, and other pieces of equipment around it. Not so happy with that. Once P90X is here, I plan on doing that in combination of some additional cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment