Monday, September 5, 2011

Chicken with a Mushroom Sauce

I'm not some gourmet chef by any means. I mean, I can cook some really good food if the time allows and I have the desire to. But chances are, I like it quick and easy so I have more time to spend with the fam. Or, not hear my baby whine after me while I'm in the kitchen. 


So here is a recipe that's quick and easy - and always yummy!


4 medium pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 TBS Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning
1 can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 pint of sliced mushrooms (any variety)
3/4 cup red wine
1 TBS corn starch to thicken


1 box Near East Long Grain & Wild Rice prepared according to package directions


Heat up a large pan over medium heat with a bit of olive oil.  Dry the chicken breast off with a paper towel and season with Emeril's Essence. When pan is hot, place each chicken breast in the pan and cook both sides for about 4-5 minutes. Add the can of condensed soup and the red wine to the pan, combining well. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and allow the chicken to finish cooking until juices run clean and no longer pink. After chicken is cooked through, sauce may be runny - add a little bit of corn starch at a time mixing it in well to thicken the sauce. Serve over rice and a side of veggie choice. 


P.S. The red wine adds great flavor and is a plus cause you can't let an open bottle go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment