Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finger food made easy!

Now that Ariyana is nearly ten months old, she much prefers to feed herself finger foods. I can't say I blame her, eating off my chest and endless bowls of mush every day. So, I'll be the first to admit, I don't have much of any idea of what to feed a 'still-baby', that won't make her choke, make her go into anaphylactic shock and/or hate. 


So after some trial and errors, I've found that she loves chicken. And peas, and cheese, and well - just about most things. Oh, except the Gerber 3rd stage foods; yeah, she spit that out at me. 


So - on to making the chicken a la infant. 
This recipe is so easy. This is about as basic as it gets. 
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. 
I dried to boneless, skinless chicken breast with a paper towel and put a touch of olive oil on each one, and seasoned it with Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning. Let it bake in the oven for 25 minutes.



And then you have this. I've already started cutting up each chicken breast into Ariyana bite sized pieces. Highly recommend, you cut them up as small as your little one can handle. And I insist in monitoring while baby eats. Duh. 



Spread out each piece of chicken fairly evenly onto a baking sheet. And put it in the freezer until frozen. Doing it this way will ensure that the chicken freezes individually rather than having one big lump of chicken in a bag

After the chicken in frozen, transfer to an appropriately sized Ziplock Freezer bag. I take out what I need for each feeding, and this amount of chicken lasts us a couple of weeks. Not bad, for little effort! Quick and easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment