Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mommy Groups

Since I've dropped hours at work and am not currently taking any classes, I've adapted to full time mommy mode. For the first time in my life, I'm somewhat of a home-maker. That in and of itself is sorta weird to say. I've always worked, and if I wasn't working, I was in school to get a good job to work. This whole being home business is starting to drive me nuts. Actually, it wouldn't be so bad if  - a) the weather wasn't so bloody cold still ... I mean come on now, it's almost April!... And b) if I had a good social network of mommys to have play dates and social outlet with. So luckily, to satisfy b), I found a couple of mommy groups in the area, and it's been a great experience so far. I'm meeting new people, young families specifically to raise my daughter around. She needs socialization as much as I do! 

Also, due to this whole mommy group thing, I've started with a book club - which I haven't done in years and miss. Per an earlier post, I wanted to start reading again, yet it never really happened. Now that I was given a slight push in direction... The book club saying this is the book we're reading and we need to read by this date.... I went and picked up the book and had it read in three days while I nursed Ariyana. Loved it. 

Ariyana is doing good. She's still fussy all day long due to her teething, but I know it can really get worse. Once they really start to cut through, it'll really break my heart. This is just the beginning of it. 

I'm trying to get more organized. I broke out the white-board calendar (that I vowed to use all the time- only once) and wrote in our schedules, mine notably vacant. This coming week I only have one day that I can pick up at work, but I'm almost hesitant to do so because Ariyana hasn't been sleeping all that well with her teething and Arfan has things to do the next day. He'll need the rest. Hopefully I can get one shift in at least. I like having money!

It's amazing, this whole blogging business... it still kills time so quickly, I glance at the clock and my mouth drops... already nearly midnight. I'm going to be super tired tomorrow. So much for finally having caught up on sleep yesterday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment